Financial Services Category Sets the Growth Pace in Franchise Lead Generation For 2nd Month in a Row
Real Estate and Pet Services Franchise Development Categories are Close Seconds
Oct. 29, 2020 – Financial Services franchises led the list of growing franchise development categories for the second month in a row in September, as prospective franchise owners increased their investment inquiries among categories that also included Real Estate franchises, Pet Services franchises and Business Services franchises.
Many of the same categories also saw an increase in the average number of inquiries per franchise, according to data from the FranchiseVentures network of franchise lead-generation brands.
Some of that interest may be anticipating changing seasonal demand for the new year – 40.5% of the prospective business owners said they were planning to start a business “three months out” in the September’s Small Business Startup Sentiment Index ™ survey . (Download the full SSI survey results here.)
Franchise Categories Showing the Highest Growth
- Financial Services franchises led monthly growth again in September, with a 22.1% gain coming on the heels of August’s 55.9% increase in entrepreneurs seeking information about franchise ownership. This category includes tax services along with insurance, investment, ATM and other financial services businesses. For both months, much of growth was driven by entrepreneurs considering tax-preparation franchises.
- Real Estate franchises, including property management, also saw growth for the second month in a row, accelerating from a 6.5% gain in August to a 20.6% increase in September.
- Pet Services franchises saw investment inquiries rise 15.1% in September
- Business Services franchises, Retail franchises and Health and Fitness franchises also saw an uptick in investment interest, with the latter logging gains in both medical testing and fitness concepts.
Top-Growing Categories Also Increase Average Inquiries per Franchise
Many of the same categories also saw an increase in the average number of inquiries per franchise concept, and, in some cases, amid growth in the number of concepts actively recruiting new franchisees.
- Health and Fitness franchises averaged 35.3% more inquiries per concept in September
- Real Estate franchises enjoyed a 20.6% higher inquiry rate.
- Financial Services franchises were selected by 12.5% more inquiries on average in September, even as the number of active concepts grew 10%.
- Pet Services franchises saw an 8.3% increase in average inquiries, on top of an 8.3% increase in active concepts
- Lastly, Cleaning and Maintenance franchise concepts grew 3.7%.
FranchiseVentures is the leading demand– and lead-generation platform for potential franchisees to thousands of growing franchise systems in the United States and Canada. Its franchise lead generation brands include Franchise.com, Franchise Solutions, Franchise Gator, Franchise Opportunities, Franchise For Sale, SmallBusinessStartup.com and BusinessBroker.net, and together they provide the largest aggregation of prospective franchise buyers in the U.S.
Interested in more insights from our proprietary data set? Subscribe to our email newsletter below, or follow us on LinkedIn.
Published on Thursday, October 29th, 2020.